In 2019, I decided to start my vegan journey and change my life for the better. Unfortunately this journey only lasted a few months. About a week before I found out I was pregnant, I had a moment where I felt as though I needed meat more than life itself. As a result, I broke my diet and had a turkey sandwich (don't judge me). I definitely plan to go back to my vegan journey after the baby comes, but at the moment this girl LOVES meat.
Besides the health benefits, incredible energy I got and the satisfaction I found in being vegan, I also had an amazing time learning new recipes and exploring my creativity. Being vegan is a total blessing and requires some creativity. It can be hard at first, but once you get the hang of things it's totally worth it.
Here is a simple and delicious recipe I decided to try on my journey. Not only was it amazing for me, some of my family members who were not on a vegan journey obsessed over this and couldn't wait to try again. I hope you and your family enjoy it. Feel free to leave a comment and let me now how it tastes!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Guacamole (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup canned black beans drained & rinsed
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and prick with a fork.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Add corn, quinoa, black beans and salt and cook 2 - 3 more minutes.
- When sweet potatoes are fork tender, remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice in half and place each half on a plate.
- Top with quinoa mixture, avocado and enjoy!